Deadline: 28 February 2018
Open to: international students
Scholarship: fully funded
This multidisciplinary two-year programme is linking the fields of European politics, contemporary history and culture, economy, international relations and policymaking. The key role of the programme is to identify and analyze challenges Europe faces today (migration, security, populism). The first semester of the European Politics and Society Programme (EPS) is based on Master level introductory courses (in Prague), the second semester focuses on EU related courses (Krakow, Leiden). In the third and fourth semesters, the programme offers four different study tracks reflecting the diverse expertise of the Consortium members (Prague, Krakow, Barcelona, and Leiden). Each track combines various elective courses, research methods training, an internship and language tuition with an advanced research dissertation supervised by key staff from each Partner University.
Applicants must have a diploma (second completed Bachelor´s OR High School diploma).
English Language Certificate (TOEFL, FCE, IELTS or similar) corresponding to C1, TOEFL 95, IELTS 7.0.
Tuition fees are 8000 EUR per year. There are approximately 22 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarships each year covering the whole 100% of the tuition fee and offering to students extra 1000 EUR per months as living allowances plus 1000-3000 EUR per year for traveling and 1000 EUR as installation support for students from Partner countries. Scholarships will be awarded based on the evaluation of the candidate during the admission procedure.
From these 22 EMJMD Scholarships approximately 3 will be awarded to applicants who are nationals of an Erasmus+ Programme Country or are ordinarily residents or have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any Programme Country before the final submission deadline of applying for an EMJMD Scholarship.
Approximately 19 EMJMD Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who must not be nationals of an Erasmus+ Programme Country and must not be ordinarily residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any Programme Country before the final submission deadline of applying for an EMJMD Scholarship. The Consortium might ask selected students to produce a declaration that these criteria are fulfilled.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, make sure you have the following documents:
- Online application form;
- Translated copy of a diploma to show completed Bachelor’s or Master’s studies, or confirmation of ongoing studies in the academic year that those studies will be completed;
- Copy of a second diploma (second completed Bachelor´s OR High School diploma);
- Copy of passport;
- Proof of place of residence issued within 12 months before the submission deadline (e.g. ID, drivers license, or any other document listed in the PRADO website, or a certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution);
- Translated transcript of marks and academic results from both of the previous studies;
- Motivation letter;
- 2 letters of recommendation;
- Completed supplementary questionnaire indicating study track preferences;
The application fee is 600 CZK (23,50 EUR), details about the payment are in the online application.
For more information please visit the official website